HF Markets (EU)
Risk warning: 73.51% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with HF Markets (Europe) Ltd.
HF Markets (formerly HotForex) is an online Forex broker with a global footprint. It provides No Dealing Desk (NDD) execution and Straight Through Processing (STP) as standard.
HF Markets offers a broad selection of online trading accounts to suits the needs of retail and professional clients:
- Premium Account: an account designed with experienced traders in mind. It allows large trading sizes, up to 60 lots for a single trade.
- Zero Account: an account designed for scalpers and news traders. Trade Forex on raw spreads with no markup from a low $200 deposit.
All accounts enjoy negative balance protection and flexible Forex leverage capped at 1:30 in line with the new ESMA regulations. The margin call and stop-out level stand at 80% and 50%. Professional traders seeking higher leverage should open a Premium Pro Account, which allows leverage up to 1:400 and has lower margin call and stop-out levels.
HF Markets Premium and Zero accounts are also available swap-free for clients of Muslim faith. These accounts incur no swap or rollover charges on overnight positions. Please note that HF Markets reserves the right to apply a carry charge on selected currency pairs held overnight beyond 7 days. Please visit HFEU.com for more information.
HF Markets supports MetaTrader 5 (MT5), the successor to MetaTrader 4. MetaTrader 5 offers a broader range of indicators, order types and faster platform speeds thanks to its 64-bit multi-threaded processor. It also allows you to create your own indicators and Expert Advisors using the MQL5 language.
MT5 is only officially supported on Windows, but can run on Mac OS through an emulator such as Wine. MT5 is also available available as an app for Android, iPhone and iPad devices. Visit HFEU.com for a discussion of your options.
Over the years, HF Markets has received over 20 awards from respected financial titles and awarding bodies. Recent awards include:
- Best New Forex Broker in South Africa 2016, Global Banking and Financial Review Awards
- Best FX Online Broker 2015, New Europe Magazine
- Best Customer Service 2015, European CEO Awards
- Best Client Funds Protection Broker Award 2015, MENA Dubai FX Show
Security of funds
Security of funds is a priority for HF Markets (HFEU.com). Client funds are held separate from the company's own fund, with reputable banking institutions. These funds are held off balance sheet and cannot be used to pay back creditors in the unlikely event of default. In addition, HF Markets provides its regulators with quarterly updates on its financial position and the manner in which it meets its capital requirements.
The HF Markets Group operates through three different companies for regulatory reasons:
- In the European Economic Area (excluding Belgium), Switzerland and Mauritius, HF Markets operates through HF Markets (Europe) Ltd. The compant is registered with several national regulators including the FCA in the UK, CySEC in Cyprus, BaFin in Germany and the ACPR in France. Clients of HF Markets (Europe) Ltd are covered by investor compensation funds.
- In South Africa, HF Markets operates through HF Markets SA (Pty) Ltd, a company incorporated in South Africa and authorised to act as a Financial Services Provider by the Financial Services Board ("FSB") with FSP Number 46632.
- Across the rest of the world, HF Markets operates through HF Markets (SV) Ltd, a company incorporated in St. Vincent & the Grenadine as an International Business Company with registration number 22747 IBC 2015. It welcomes traders from all countries, with the exception of the USA, Canada, Sudan, Syria, North Korea.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 71.05% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with HF Markets (Europe) Ltd. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Please read the full risk disclosure on HFEU.com.
- Asset classes
- # Currency pairs47
- Gold and Metals
- Oil and Energy
- Forex CFDs
- Forex Futures
- Forex Options
- Demo account
- Has a demo?
- Demo size100000
- Time limitUnlimited
- Trading platforms
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
- Copy trading
- Mirror trading
- Web or PC
- Software download
- No download
- Mac friendly
- Deposits & Withdrawals
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
- China UnionPay
- Yandex Money
- Company information
- Legal nameHF Markets (Europe) Ltd
- HeadquartersLacarna, Cyprus
- Segregated accounts
- CyprusCySEC 183/12
- FranceACPR No. 74492
- GermanyBaFin No. 132342
- MauritiusNo. C110008214
- South AfricaFSB No. 46632
- UKFCA No. 600473
Note: payment methods depend on the entity with which you open an account, as well as your country of residence. Please visit the company's website for all payment methods.
Premium Pro Account
|Review||Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices, metals and more on floating spreads from 1 pip and without commission on MetaTrader 5. This account, designed for experienced traders, allows you to trade up to 60 lots per position.||This account is designed for traders who fall under the Professional Clients category. Enjoy flexible leverage up to 1:400 and lower 20% stop-out level.||Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices, metals and more on fixed or floating spreads on MetaTrader 5. This account, designed for Muslim clients, does not incur swap or rollover charges for holding positions overnight. Terms and conditions apply.|
|Execution||NDD, STP, DMA||NDD, STP, DMA||NDD, STP, DMA|
|Leverage (flexible) ?||1:30||1:400||1:30|
|Min. trade size (lot)||0.01||0.01||0.01|
|Max. trade size (lot)||60||60||60|
|Max. open positions||300 orders||300 orders||300 orders|
|Margin call (%)||80%||50%||80%|
|Stop out level (%)||50%||20%||50%|
|Interest on balances (%)||0%||0%||0%|
Important: please visit the broker's website for their terms and conditions.
73.51% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with HF Markets (Europe) Ltd. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.