Best Forex Demo Accounts
Compare Forex demo accounts up to $5,000,000 with no time limit. Practice before you pay.
What is a Forex demo account?
You can think of a Forex demo account as a trading simulation. This is your chance to practice Forex trading in real-time market conditions entirely free of charge.
Is a practice account right for you?
A demo account can work for beginners and more experienced traders alike, albeit for different reasons:
- If you're new to currency trading, a demo account is an opportunity to learn Forex trading at your pace without committing yourself financially or emotionally.
- Practice a new trading strategy until you've got the confidence to go live. Some trading strategies such as scalping require speed, stamina and self discipline. You'll want to choose a demo with 5 decimal pricing, depth of market information and fine tune your strategy until you're ready to go.
- Last but not least, a practice account is a chance to test-drive a trading platform's charting features before opening a live account.
How to choose a Forex demo account
If you're thinking about opening a demo account, ask your broker the following questions:
- How big is the account? The larger the account, the longer you can trade and the greater the positions you can open all else being equal. If possible, choose a large demo account to avoid being interrupted in the middle of a trade.
- How long does the account last? It's a good idea to choose a practice account with no time limit to avoid being rushed into trading if don't feel ready.
- Are all platform features available? It's important to remember that some demo trading platforms have some features disabled. Prices could be delayed or order types limited. If in doubt, ask your account manager for confirmation.
easyMarkets.com allows you to preview its platform online with a demo account identical in all ways to the live account. Get access to real time quotes, advanced charting and analysis tools in a risk-free environment. It also comes with $1,000 of virtual money.
Trade 70+ currency pairs, spot indices, energies, metals and shares on fixed spreads with instant ... MoreTrade 70+ currency pairs, spot indices, energies, metals and shares on fixed spreads with instant execution. Spreads are fixed over certain time periods, but vary throughout the day. All EAs are allowed.
Risk warning ?
Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices and metals on floating spreads ... MoreTrade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices and metals on floating spreads without commission. This account, designed for experienced traders, allows you to trade up to 60 lots per position.
Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and... MoreTrade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. AvaTrade accepts all MetaTrader 4 EAs except those with a focus on arbitrage.
Risk warning ?