Risk warning: 67-68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award winning online broker. Access a wide range of markets spanning Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on competitive spreads.
AvaTrade's breadth of markets truly sets it apart from the competition.
- Forex: trade up to 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads and flexible leverage through MetaTrader 4 or 5. Interestingly, you may also trade currency forwards and options with maturities between 1 day and 1 year.
- Cryptos: trade CFDs on Bitcoin and a wide range of altcoins such as Ethereum, Ripple and Neo. AvaTrade was one of the first to support CFD trading for crypto-currencies.
- Shares and indices: trade CFDs on global stock indices and the shares of over 100 popular American and European companies such as Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google.
- Oil and precious metals: trade CFDs on crude oil, Brent oil, natural gas and as well as gold and precious metals. You may also trade Futures on the price of oil for delivery 3, 4 and 8 months out.
- Government bonds: trade CFDs on short and long-dated European and Japanese government bonds without commission.
You may open an account with either Ava Trade EU Ltd or Ava Trade Ltd, headquartered respectively in Ireland and the BVI. We've attempted to summarise key differences between each below. Please visit AvaTrade.com for a detailed comparison.
- Ava Trade EU Ltd: offers Retail and Professional accounts. The Retail account has lower leverage and marginally higher spreads than the Professional account. Across currencies, leverage is capped at 1:30 for Retail clients, but can rise up to 1:400 for Professional clients.
- Ava Trade Ltd: offers AvaTrade's Standard MT4 account with leverage up to 1:400. It offers the same choice of markets as Ava Trade EU Ltd, as well as negative balance protection.
AvaTrade provides Sharia-compliant trading conditions to clients of Muslim faith. It charges no fees or swap on trades that stay open overnight, a form of interest. Instead, it charges a commission that is set in advance and depends on the currency pair and trade size. All financial instruments, except crypto-currencies, are available through AvaTrade's Islamic account.
AvaTrade supports MetaTrader 4 and 5, the world's most popular Forex trading platforms.
More indicators, more market orders and more instruments - MT5 provides the professional trader with everything needed to succeed in today’s financial markets. If you are already familiar with MT4, you'll find it easy to transition over to MT5.
AvaTrade allows all Expert Advisors except arbitrage EAs. This includes automated trading programmes and scalping robots. If you are familiar with the .NET or Java programming languages, you could also execute trades over an API at no additional cost.
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) has received over 30 awards since 2009 in recognition of its platform, reliability and customer service. Significant awards include:
- Best Forex Broker 2011 - 2017, by FX Empire.
- Best Trading Experience 2011 - 2017, by FX Empire.
- Best Bitcoin CFD Trading Provider of 2017, by The European.
- Best Forex Customer Service 2012, by the Global Banking & Finance Review.
Customer service representatives are available 24/5 online and on the phone in over 30 different countries and 11 languages.
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is headquartered in Ireland and regulated in Europe, Australia, South Africa, Japan and the BVI. Clients funds are held in segregated accounts with leading international banks.
- Asset classes
- Currency pairs60
- Gold and metals
- Financial instruments
- Demo account
- Free demo
- Account balance100000
- Trading platforms
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
- Copy trading
- Mirror trading
- Web and mobile apps
- Web application
- Deposits & withdrawals
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Perfect Money
- Company information
- Company nameAVA Trade EU Ltd
- Head officeDublin, Ireland
- Incorporation date2006
- Regulatory Authorities
- AustraliaASIC No. 406684
- BVICategory 1 - Sub Cat. B
- IrelandCBI No. C53877
- JapanFSA No.1662 and FFAJ No.1574
- South AfricaFSCA No. 45984
- UAEADGM No. 190018
Note: payment methods depend on the entity with which you open an account, as well as your country of residence. Please visit the company's website for all payment methods.
|Review||Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. AvaTrade accepts all MetaTrader 4 EAs except those with a focus on arbitrage.||Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. AvaTrade accepts all MetaTrader 5 EAs except those with a focus on arbitrage.||Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. AvaTrade accepts all MetaTrader 4 EAs except those with a focus on arbitrage.||Trade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not charge rollover fees or swaps on overnight positions. You cannot invest in crypto-currencies through this account.|
|Spreads||Fixed spreads||Fixed spreads||Fixed spreads||Fixed spreads|
|Leverage (flexible) ?||1:30||1:30||1:400||1:400|
|Min. trade size (lot)||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.01|
|Max. trade size (lot)||∞||∞||∞||∞|
|Max. open positions||500||500||500||500|
|Margin call (%)||50%||50%||50%||50%|
|Stop out level (%)||50%||50%||50%||50%|
67-68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.