How to Buy Bitcoin (BTC)
Understand how you can buy Bitcoins online in minutes through a regulated Bitcoin exchange or CFD broker using your credit card, debit card or PayPal.
To buy Bitcoin online, you can either turn to a Bitcoin exchange or speculate on the price of Bitcoin through a CFD broker.
Buy BTC directly through an online exchange. Bitcoins will be stored in and available for withdrawal from your Bitcoin wallet.
- Changelly (Changelly.com): buy Bitcoin, Ether (the currency of Ethereum) and over 30 other crypto-currencies at instantly. Each account is protected with 2 factor authentication. Visa and Master Card are accepted. Visit https://changelly.com?ref_id=588944c85a00
- BitBay (Bitbay.net): buy and sell Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin and Lisk. Each account is protected with 2 factor authentication. Supports bank transfers and credit cards for deposits alongside a wide range of withdrawal options (including ATM withdrawals). Visit https://affiliate.bitbay.net/138245
Once you've bought Bitcoins, we encourage you to open an account with Cryptopay, the best Bitcoin debit card. Spend Bitcoins or traditional currencies anywhere major payment cards are accepted. Cryptopay supports virtual and plastic cards. All cards are issued instantly. Get 25% off only through this link: https://cryptopay.me/join/6b246d05
Alternatively, you can speculate on the price of Bitcoin through a CFD broker. Unlike Bitcoin exchanges, CFD brokers allow you to trade on margin and profit from rises and falls in the price of Bitcoin. We've reviewed their Bitcoin trading conditions below:
- HYCM (HYCM.com): trade Bitcoin for just 20 pips and leverage up to 1:10 through MetaTrader 4 (MT4). HYCM supports a wide range of payment methods including China UnionPay, NETELLER, Skrill and Webmoney. HYCM is regulated by the FCA and CySEC. Visit HYCM.com for more information.
- eToro (eToro.com): trade Bitcoin CFDs on spreads equivalent to 0.70% of the instrument's price through eToro's social trading platform. Unlike other brokers, eToro allows you to follow and copy other successful traders. This is an opportunity to learn from others if you are new to Forex or online trading. eToro also allows you to fund your account through debit cards, credit cards and PayPal. Visit eToro.com for more information.
- Plus500 (Plus500.com): trade Bitcoin on spreads equivalent to 0.42% of the instrument's price and leverage up to 1:30 through Plus500's trading platform. Plus500 accepts a wide range of payment methods, including debit cards, credit cards and PayPal. The broker is regulated by the FCA, CySEC as well as ASIC and is headquartered in London. Visit Plus500.com for more information.
CFD trading example
Profit in rising and falling markets
A CFD (Contract for Difference) allows you to invest in an asset (such as Bitcoin, a currency pair or even a share) without owning the asset outright. If you expect Bitcoin's price to rise, buy a Bitcoin CFD to profit from an increases its market value - this is also known as "going long". If you expect its price to fall, sell a Bitcoin CFD now with a view to buy it back later for less - this is also known as "going short". This ability to go "long" or "short", and profit in rising and falling markets, is unique to CFDs.
CFDs are popular with investors for another reason: leverage, also known as gearing or simply borrowing. Leverage is the process whereby you borrow money from your broker to invest in the market. For example, you could borrow $900 from your broker and invest $100 of your own money to open a $1,000 position. This amounts to leverage of 1:10 because you only invest one tenth of the trade's overall value. For example, you can leverage your Bitcoin trades up to 1:10 with HYCM.com and 1:30 with Plus500.com.
Best for Beginners
Best for Pros
Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices, metals and more on ... More »Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices, metals and more on fixed or floating spreads on MetaTrader 4. This account, designed for Muslim clients, does not incur swap or rollover charges for holding positions overnight. Terms and conditions apply.Visit broker